Headlamps and Flashlights
Flashlights have become smaller, lighter and brighter than ever with the advances in LED technology and battery efficiency. Flashlights will always remain the perfect choice whenever a handheld light is preferred. This would be,
- Whenever you need the strongest portable beam available
- Precise dexterity and precision is required in controlling the light is important
- Must be able to set down a light to work on a task
- When signaling is important
The key factors to compare when selecting a flashlight:
- Light output: is always measured in lumens. This is the intensity of the light coming out of the flashlight.
- Battery type and run time: This is measured in hours.
- Size and weight: is your personal preference. As we know, a larger, heavier flashlight is not always brighter. However, the flashlight is most likely to feature an extended run time and that would be due to a much greater battery capacity.
It’s probably a good idea to consider a headlamp as a tool that can make a difference in poor conditions. You may at some time face the challenges of bad weather, injuries, broken equipment or vehicles and the need for light for much longer than you might expect. Here are some advantages of a headlamp over the usual flashlights, lanterns or even the flashlight app on your cell phone:
- They are hands free: Keeping the hands free to do important things is a major advantage over a flashlight.
- Impressive Beam Distance: The spotlight mode is able to cast a striking long beam.
- Super Compact and Lightweight: They are impressive in that the lights ones weigh less than an ounce. They don’t take up any room.
- Built Tough: Lots of the headlamps are built tough. Some have water resistance sufficient to operate in sustained rain storms. This makes them very attractive for those going into the backcountry where weather may be unpredictable.
Comfy, secure and heavy-duty, the 8000 Lumen Rotates Waterproof 4 Mode LED Headlamp is great for those jobs and activities that require both hands. So, the headlamp mounts comfortably and securely on...
The Beneray XML Tactical LED Portable Zoomable Adjustable Flashlight provides full, medium, low, strobe, SOS, and a beam distance of up to 500 meters. Also, the adjustable flashlight provides high in...
The Best 120 Lumen Waterproof 4 Mode White Red LED Headlamp will illuminate your path with a choice of 4 light modes and 120 Lumens.
Great Features of the Best 120 Lumen Waterproof 4 Mode White...
Black Diamond's go-to headlamp can be used for everything from dawn patrols to all night rappelling sessions. The Black Diamond Spot 300 Lumens Power Tap Headlamp also features Brightness Memory, wh...
This Storm Headlamp is equipped with a sealed, waterproof housing and PowerTap Technology. The Black Diamond Storm Sleek Modern Waterproof Headlamp has 250 Lumens of power including both red and gr...
The Black T4R Tactical Versatile LED Rechargeable Flashlight is engineered to meet the serious technical and functional needs of security professionals. So, this flashlight provides powerful illuminat...
The Blitzu i2 Multi Purpose Multi Sport Stylish Waterproof Headlamp is ideal for power failures, vehicle repairs; you name it, it can light it up! Also, the headband bracket works as a whistle that...
You never again have to fumble around in the dark with these powerful, pocket-sized BYB 4 Pack Super Bright 9 LED Mini Aluminum Flashlights. So, if you're truly lo...
The CrazyFire 800 Lumen CREE XMLT6 LED Zoomable Headlamp beam's distance is 20 feet plus and it lights the area wide enough for running or working. And it weighs in at onl...